When it comes to addiction, there is no one-size-fits-all treatment. However, there are certain therapies that have been shown to be effective in treating substance use disorders. The term “evidence-based” refers to therapies that have been rigorously tested and shown to be effective in treating addiction.
There are a variety of evidence-based therapies for addiction, each with its own unique approach. If you’re working towards recovery, it’s important to find a treatment center that offers individualized care and a variety of evidence-based therapies for addiction recovery. That way, you can receive the care that’s right for you and have the best chance of success in recovery.
Hammocks on the Edisto provides effective addiction treatment on our peaceful, supportive campus in South Carolina. Through holistic approaches as well as evidence-based therapies, we help the women in our care heal in mind, body, and spirit. Learn more by reaching out to our team today at 833.793.0191.
What Are Evidence-Based Therapies?
Evidence-based therapies are those that have gone through rigorous testing and have been proven to be effective in treating addiction.
Some of the most common evidence-based therapies for addiction include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This type of therapy helps clients to identify and change negative thinking and behavior patterns.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – This therapy focuses on helping clients to develop coping and problem-solving skills.
- Motivational enhancement therapy – Therapists help clients increase their motivation to change their behavior.
- Rational emotive behavior therapy – Participants in this therapy learn to identify and challenge irrational beliefs.
- Trauma therapy – This therapy can help those who have experienced trauma to heal and move on from their experiences.
Many evidence-based therapies can be part of both individual and group therapy. Working one-on-one with a therapist as well as participating in group therapy can help you to benefit from different perspectives and approaches. You’ll build a network of support and have the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Do Evidence-Based Therapies Work?
There is a great deal of scientific evidence to support the efficacy of evidence-based therapies in treating addiction. Especially when used in tandem with other treatment modalities, such as 12-step meetings or holistic approaches like yoga, these therapies can be highly effective.
Benefits of evidence-based therapies for addiction include:
- Reduced drug and alcohol use – A large body of research has shown that evidence-based therapies can help to reduce drug and alcohol use.
- Improved mental health – These therapies can also help to improve mental health symptoms, such as depression and anxiety.
- Increased social functioning – Those who participate in evidence-based therapies for addiction often see an improvement in social functioning.
- Improved quality of life – Overall, those who receive treatment for addiction that includes these therapies often see an improvement in their quality of life.
If you’re struggling with addiction, reach out for help today.
Contact Hammocks on the Edisto Today
At Hammocks on the Edisto, we provide comprehensive addiction treatment for women. Our program includes a variety of evidence-based and holistic therapies to help our clients heal.
Here, every resident receives a personalized treatment plan that’s based on her unique needs. We offer a variety of therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and trauma-informed therapy. Trauma-informed care is especially important for women, as many of our clients have experienced trauma in their lives. Past trauma can have a major impact on addiction.
In addition to evidence-based therapies, we also offer holistic approaches like yoga and meditation. These practices can help reduce stress, improve mental health, and promote overall wellness.
Learn more about our approach to addiction treatment by connecting with our team today at 833.793.0191.