Alcohol addiction is a mental health concern that does not have a one-size-fits-all solution that will work for everyone. It is not like the flu, where you can take one shot and be inoculated. As a result, treatment for addiction in an alcohol rehab program must suit the specific needs of the individual struggling with the condition. One of the ways to do that is to differentiate on the basis of gender.
There are several critical differences between co-ed and women’s alcohol addiction treatment programs that most people don’t consider when choosing an addiction treatment program. As numerous peer-reviewed studies have indicated, enrolling in a gender-specific program will likely give an individual a better chance at recovery over co-ed addiction treatment centers.1
Hammocks on the Edisto is a gender-specific, women-only addiction treatment program in Charleston, South Carolina, dedicated to helping women with alcohol addiction. If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol addiction and want to regain control of your life, call 833.793.0191 today to learn more about how we can help.
The Importance Women’s-Only Alcohol Rehab
Although more men than women are addicted, several issues make women’s experience of addiction unique. For instance, generally speaking, it does not take as long for alcohol use to develop into alcohol use disorder in women. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the result is that women often enter treatment with “more severe medical, behavioral, psychological, and social problems.”2 Additionally, women are far more likely to experience domestic violence, sexual abuse, or assault, all of which can readily lead to addiction. And as the above study by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism points out, women also face more barriers to treatment than men do.
At Hammocks on the Edisto, we understand women’s unique struggles when finding an effective women’s alcohol rehab center in Charleston. That is why our focus is solely on women and their individual needs, an approach that we found allows for more effective treatment with fewer chances of relapse.
Benefits of Enrolling in a Women’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment
When you have decided to get the help you need to treat your addiction, be aware that there are many benefits to enrolling in a women’s alcohol addiction treatment program.
- Safe environment – Our facility is a welcoming reprieve from the stress of everyday living. You will feel relaxed and comfortable among other women with similar life experiences and recovery goals, and as a result, you will be more likely to feel at ease participating and opening up about your addiction.
- Focus on what’s important – Women-only therapy allows for open discussion about unique issues to women. These issues can be difficult to discuss in a co-ed setting, preventing effective healing and breakthroughs.
- New relationships – Therapy creates a strong bond between members when they are open and honest with each other and themselves. The relationships you form during your treatment will last a lifetime and help you maintain your sobriety.
If you are looking for an effective addiction treatment program for your alcohol addiction, learning more about our women’s alcohol addiction rehab in Charleston will give you an excellent opportunity to get your addiction under control.
Choose Hammocks on the Edisto for the Best Women’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Charleston
Our women-only alcohol addiction treatment center in Charleston, SC, can help you with your alcohol addiction and get you back on track to living a healthy and sober life. Among the many services and amenities you will find at Hammocks are:
- A broad range of therapeutic approaches, including both individual and group therapy
- A combination of clinical, evidence-based treatment modalities and more holistic, patient-centered approaches
- Treatment plans designed with the unique needs of each client in mind
- Comfortable rooms with vanity mirrors and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Yoga six days a week on our dock
- A breakfast and smoothie bar
- Nutrition counseling
- Family therapy and counseling
Our certified, experienced team will help you understand your addiction as you learn how to effectively deal with your triggers without fear of relapse. If you or someone close to you is struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change, call 833.793.0191 today to speak with our caring staff and learn more about our women’s alcohol addiction treatment programs.
1. “Gender and Use of Substance Abuse Treatment Services” – National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
2. “Sex and Gender Differences in Substance Use Disorder Treatment” – National Institute on Drug Abuse